If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Mango Cranberry Chutney is a medley of sweet mango, tart cranberry, spicy peppers and zippy ginger. I love having a stash of it in the pantry. It is a wonderful accompaniment to a cheese platter or as a side to any Indian meal. - My Pantry Shelf
Makes 5 cups
- 4 cups slightly under-ripe mango, peeled and diced
- 2 jalepenos or other hot pepper
- 1/2 cup minced red onion
- 1 cup whole cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon mustard seed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine ingredients in a heavy-bottomed pot on medium-high heat. Bring to a boil stirring frequently. Once boiling, reduce heat. Simmer until mango softens and the mixture begins to thicken and become syrupy. Pour into sterilized jars, cover, and refrigerate.
- To preserve, do not cool chutney. Spoon hot chutney into sterilized half-pint or smaller jars, wipe rims clean, and top with a new canning lid. Process jars in a boiling-water canner for 10 minutes. Remove from water, check that each lid has sealed. Store on the shelf for up to one year. Store any jars that did not seal in the refrigerator and serve within a month.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mangoes
4 Wildcard Winning Recipes
Wildcard Winner Recap
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
Do you haiku?
Bake yourself breakfast.