If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The natural caramel taste and texture that comes from dates fascinates me. Mixed with toasted pecans, and you have yourself a natural indulgent treat!
It tastes like the inside of a Turtle’s chocolate but there is only natural ingredients used, making it totally fine to eat a ‘ hundred’ of them in one sitting, and serve as a healthy snack for your kids.
Enjoy some of nature’s caramel delights mixed with toasted pecans with, or with out dried cranberries! Happy eating! - CoconutsandCardamom
- I package (8) ounces pitted dates (Amport brand)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped toasted pecans (other nuts can work too)
- 1/8 cup chopped dried cranberries to roll in (optional)
- In a saucepan, mix together water, dates,and honey. Cook over medium heat until dates disintegrate and form a paste stirring occasionally (about 10 minutes).
- While the dates are cooking, take another pan, heat up on medium high heat and toast pecans (about 3 minutes) stirring occasionally to prevent burning. This is better to leave less toasted than to over toast/burn if you are nervous about your nuts. Your end product will still be delicious. Set Aside until date paste is done
- Remove date paste from heat and add vanilla and cinnamon. Let sit for 5 minutes to cool. Stir in chopped toasted nuts.
- Once cool enough to handle, roll into balls. Roll in dried cranberries if desired. Store in an airtight container.
A Genius Dinner Party: Part 2
Of course, it involves no-knead pizza dough.
A genius dinner party: part 2
A list of things we like.
All you need for Memorial Day.
Home & design links we love.
Mortar and pestle perfection.