If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is an adaptation from the jam-filled cookies my mother used to make when I was a kid. My mom did a lot of cooking from the Betty Crocker cookbook back then.
This version is great served with tea or wine after dinner. - Twice Cooked Half Baked
Makes 3 dozen
- 1 cup butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups AP flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup mango chutney
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy- 2-3 minutes. Beat in egg and vanilla. Shift together the flour, baking powder, salt and cardamom; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Scrape the sides of the mixing bowl as needed.
- Using a tablespoon, drop the dough 2 inches apart on a greased baking sheet. Make a depression in the center of each ball and fill with about a 1/2 tsp. of the chutney.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mangoes
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Wooden Bird's House
For your feathered friends.