Author Notes: Mango freeze is sort of a sorbet; sort of a frozen yogurt. It is festive on a cone and so appealing on hot and muggy summer days. In her book, Gulf Coast Cooking, Virginia Elverson has collected recipes from Mexico to Florida. This is one of the recipes from Mexico. It is so simple that there is not much to "adapt" except that I advocate using frozen prechopped mangoes because they are so convenient and it is very hard to find good fresh mangoes. - Waverly
- 4 cups chopped frozen mango pieces
- 1 1/2 cup whole milk yogurt
- 6 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lime zest (about 1 lime)
- Ice Cream Cones
- PULSE: Place all of the ingredients into the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until it becomes smooth and creamy.
- FREEZE: Pour the mixture into a large container; cover; and freeze 1-2 hours.
- SERVE: Scoop the freeze into ice cream cones or bowls if you prefer and enjoy.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mangoes