If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Mango freeze is sort of a sorbet; sort of a frozen yogurt. It is festive on a cone and so appealing on hot and muggy summer days. In her book, Gulf Coast Cooking, Virginia Elverson has collected recipes from Mexico to Florida. This is one of the recipes from Mexico. It is so simple that there is not much to "adapt" except that I advocate using frozen prechopped mangoes because they are so convenient and it is very hard to find good fresh mangoes. —Waverly
- 4 cups chopped frozen mango pieces
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk yogurt
- 6 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lime zest (about 1 lime)
- Ice Cream Cones
- PULSE: Place all of the ingredients into the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until it becomes smooth and creamy.
- FREEZE: Pour the mixture into a large container; cover; and freeze 1-2 hours.
- SERVE: Scoop the freeze into ice cream cones or bowls if you prefer and enjoy.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mangoes
Make Fruit Caramel
A case for blending your plums
Blend your plums—seriously.
Burnt Toast: Episode 11
It's time to travel.
You need to make this Indian spice mix.