If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have fond memories of eating pancakes as a kid. As an adult, I'm terribly picky about them, not to mention more easily thrown into a stupor after carb-overloading. But at the resort my family often goes to over Christmas, there are amazing, enticing pancakes, and those I'm unable to resist. They are unusual, ricotta pancakes cooked thin and dense, and served with passion fruit syrup and a pool of butter. At home, I'm more likely to have yogurt in the fridge than ricotta. I happened to have been given a pomegranate as a gift recently, and I subbed that for the passion fruit--if you don't have one, add berries, bananas, or sauteed apples. Since these pancakes are light on the flour (actually, sort of light on ingredients in general), the end result is airy, not-too-sweet, and satisfying. - Cara Eisenpress
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt, low- or non-fat is fine
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- maple syrup, warmed, for serving
- Separate the egg. Combine the 1 egg yolk in a small bowl with the yogurt, flour, and vanilla extract. Stir well with a fork.
- In a larger bowl, beat the 2 egg whites, sugar, and salt until they are fluffy and hold a soft peak.
- Scrape about a third of the egg whites into the egg yolk-yogurt mixtures and stir to lighten. Very gently, fold in the rest of the egg whites, trying not to deflate them.
- Melt the butter in a small nonstick pan over medium-low heat. When the pan is hot, add half of the batter. Cook 3-4 minutes, until brown, then flip and cook 3-4 minutes on the reverse side. Repeat with the remainder of the batter.
- Top with pomegranate seeds, syrup, and a thin slice of butter. Serve with syrup.
What's In, What's Out
What we're obsessed with, and what we're not.
What's in, what's out.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
Wedding registry must haves.