If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a heavenly indulgence! The berries, the cream cheese, the toasted coconut and fluffy whipped cream all being brought together by the light blueberry pound cake french toast is an out of this world experience and perfect to make for momma on mothers day!
You can buy pound cake or make your own! It's up to you! Both ways will turn out insane! —CoconutsandCardamom
The Stuffing: Blackberry Cream Cheese ( aprox. 4 servings)
- 4 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- aprox 1/2 cups blackberries (you can substitute for different berries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Stuffed French Toast Batter and Garnishes (serving aprox. 4)
- 1 loaf of blueberry pound cake (or lemon or plain)
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (can use plain milk or cream)
- 1/4 cup milk or cream
- 2 tablespoons butter for pan
- dollop whipped cream
- sprinkle powdered sugar
- couple berries
- drizzle choice of syrup (buttermilk, maple etc)
- For the Stuffing: Mix all ingredients for the blackberry stuffing except the berries. Once you have a smooth consistency, pour in the berries and smash with a folk. Leave peaces of berries for variation. Swirl and you are finished. Set in the refrigerator until read to use.
- Mix eggs, cinnamon, vanilla, coconut milk and cream or milk together, with a whisk or fork.
- Once combined, take two slices of the blueberry pound cake and dip quickly on both sides into the batter.
- On Medium Heat, melt a dollop of butter. When butter is melted, add the battered pound cake and cook each side for aprox. 2 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Once done spread one piece with Blackberry Cream Cheese
- Sandwich the two pieces of the blueberry French toast together. Repeat this process to create as many stuffed French toast as you want.
- Garnish with Whipped Cream, powdered sugar, toasted coconut, more blackberries and a drizzle of your favorite syrup. Buttermilk syrup or maple syrup would be a really nice addition! Suggestion: You can use plain pound cake, or another type of bread altogether. Substitute type of berries works too! Have fun with it and make changes to suit you best!
- To Toast Coconut... Put desired amount of coconut in a sauce pan that is heated to medium. Stir around to prevent burning. When the coconut starts to brown and give a scent you know its done!
How to make lemonade without a recipe
Lemonade, sans recipe.
Green pesto is so last summer.
Beet greens can't be beat.
This month's most pinned recipes.