If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My dad brought this on a desert camping trip a few years ago, having just made it up, and I've been obsessed with it ever since. Part fruit salad, part salsa, the sweet onion and tiny flecks of serrano chili are unexpected but oh-so-delicious. Mango and pineapple are a natural tropical pairing, and the blueberries add a nice contrast in color and sweetness.
This is usually quickly eaten in my house as just a fruit salad, but I imagine it would be delicious spooned over grilled fish or maybe even chicken. - A Kitchen Endeavor
- 1 mango, cut into cubes
- 1 1/2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/3 cup sweet onion, diced and rinsed under cool water
- 1 small serrano chili, minced
- 1 lime, for juicing
- Combine the mango, pineapple, blueberries, sweet onion and serrano in a bowl. Squeeze lime juice over to taste and mix. Refrigerate for an hour or so to let the flavors mingle, then enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mangoes