If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: As soon as we get settled in to our vacation rental on various tropical islands, it's time to begin our holiday with a tropical libation. Mangoes and the local rum are the flavors we crave. Easy enough to leave out the rum so our kids can enjoy, as well. Sometimes I add strawberries, passion fruit, or whatever else looks inviting at the market. Don' t leave out the coconut water. It keeps you hydrated as the sun and the rum can dry you out in the tropics. If you can't be on holiday, you can make this at home and dream! - renee tatterson
- 3-4 Mangoes
- 3/4 cup Dark rum (Or the best local rum)
- 1 cup Ice
- 1/4 cup Coconut water (preferably from fresh coconut, if available)
- 4 Strawberries (optional)
- Add the flesh of the mango to a blender w/ all other ingredients. Blend until smooth. If too thick, add more cocnut water. If it's hot out, it will melt quickly so it's not a bad thing for it to be "too" thick.
- Drink until you have completely relaxed and you feel as if you're on vacation.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mangoes
Follow Food52 on social media!
Connect with us.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Soffritto's a superstar.
This is poppin'.