Author Notes: This Margarita recipe is perfect for the summer. The base of this drink is simple and versatile whether you want to use Tequila or Vodka and turn it in to a martini or on the rocks. The Vanilla mint simple syrup gives it wow factor that isn’t overpowering. - ChowBella76
Makes 1 pitcher
Vanilla Mint Simple Syrup
- 1/2 cup White Granulated Sugar ~ Organic works well too
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 Vanilla Bean Split
- 1 sprig mint - tear into pieces
- Add sugar and water to a sauce pan and simmer at a medium – low heat for about a minute. Add Vanilla bean and Mint and cook down till the sugar dissolves to syrup. Let the syrup cool on the side to use as a sweetener for the watermelon drink. The Simple syrup is great in lemonade too.
Watermelon Drinky Drink
- 1 Small Seedless Watermelon Cubed - Doesnt have to be perfect
- 1 whole Orange Squeezed
- 1 whole Lime Squeezed
- 1/4 cup Grand Marnier
- 1/2 cup Silver Tequila
- 1 1 cup Ice Cubes
- Place sieve or a strainer on top of a bowl and pour in watermelon juice mixture to remove the fruit pulp. What remains in the bowl is what you will use.
- Back to the blender: add the Watermelon Drink, Grand Marnier, Tequila, and Vanilla Mint simple syrup with ice and blend well. Serve in Margarita glass over ice or as a Martini.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mint