If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This Margarita recipe is perfect for the summer. The base of this drink is simple and versatile whether you want to use Tequila or Vodka and turn it in to a martini or on the rocks. The Vanilla mint simple syrup gives it wow factor that isn’t overpowering. —ChowBella76
Makes 1 pitcher
Vanilla Mint Simple Syrup
- 1/2 cup White Granulated Sugar ~ Organic works well too
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 Vanilla Bean Split
- 1 sprig mint - tear into pieces
- Add sugar and water to a sauce pan and simmer at a medium – low heat for about a minute. Add Vanilla bean and Mint and cook down till the sugar dissolves to syrup. Let the syrup cool on the side to use as a sweetener for the watermelon drink. The Simple syrup is great in lemonade too.
Watermelon Drinky Drink
- 1 Small Seedless Watermelon Cubed - Doesnt have to be perfect
- 1 whole Orange Squeezed
- 1 whole Lime Squeezed
- 1/4 cup Grand Marnier
- 1/2 cup Silver Tequila
- 1 1 cup Ice Cubes
- Place sieve or a strainer on top of a bowl and pour in watermelon juice mixture to remove the fruit pulp. What remains in the bowl is what you will use.
- Back to the blender: add the Watermelon Drink, Grand Marnier, Tequila, and Vanilla Mint simple syrup with ice and blend well. Serve in Margarita glass over ice or as a Martini.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mint
Let's Play Gin
It's time for Haiku52
Our haikus about gin.
What to eat and listen to tonight.
We've got the summer blues.
Food blog links we love.
Have a ball (jar).