Author Notes: We are having tamales for dinner and I wanted a sweet, but depthy dressing for a salad of lettuce, radishes and creamy avocado and thought mango was the perfect base. Because mangoes can vary so much in sweetness I recommend starting with just a bit of the agave. I used a small champagne mango so you might want to adjust for size as well. - savorthis
Makes 1 cup
- 1 ripe mango
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1/2 small lime
- 1/3 cup fruity olive oil
- 1 small bunch chives, finely chopped
- Peel the mango and remove as much of the fruit as you can (I usually give the pit to my daughter to slurp on while I am cooking). Put it and everything except the olive oil and chives into a blender and blend until smooth. Taste the mango first for sweetness and add a little agave at a time so as not to get too sweet.
- With the motor running, add the oil in a slow stream until it is nicely emulsified. Fold in chives and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- This dressing is great on a salad of butter lettuce with avocado and green onion. Top it with grilled shrimp for a whole, fabulous meal.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mangoes