If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was inspired by Chef Marcus Samuelsson, who I met at a book signing and asked for a recipe. He gave me a recipe for a mango mojito and I turned the flavors into a sorbet. We call the pit the “mango bone” in our house, it’s a favorite treat of my daughter. When you cut up the fruit, save the mango bones and simmer them in the syrup to intensify the mango flavor. You will need an ice cream mixer for this recipe - I use a Krups with a freezable container.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 to 4 mangoes, to yield 2 cups cut-up fruit
- 2 teaspoons lime juice from 1/2 lime
- 3 to 4 mint leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon rum
- In a saucepan over moderate heat, place sugar, water and mango bones (the mango seed pit). Let come to a boil and cook, stirring occasionally until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat, add lime juice, mint leaves and rum and let cool. After at least 15 minutes, strain out the mango pit & mint with a sieve. Mix infused liquid with cut-up mango cubes and pour in container of ice cream machine. Follow manufacturer's instructions from here. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the freezer.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mint
This Week's Best #F52Farmstands
Things are feeling corny (and figgy and carroty and...)
This week's best #f52farmstands.
What to eat and listen to tonight.
We've got the summer blues.
Our recent favorite recipes.
Have a ball (jar).