If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Tangy Mango Yogurt with a surprise ending. The heat is not overbearing... more of a pleasant tingle that follows the cold. Strawberries add a beautiful color. —HeartBellyAndSoul
Mango Habanero Yogurt
- 1/2 cup Mango Nectar
- 2 Habanero Peppers
- 1 1 inch cube Fresh Ginger, peeled
- 2 Mangos
- 4 Strawberries
- 1 tablespoon Lime juice (juice of 1 lime)
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt (I used Fage 0% Fat Free)
- 1/2 cup Half & Half
- 2 pinches Salt
- 2 tablespoons Vodka (optional)
- 1 Cup Mango Nectar (the rest of the can)
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 pint Salt
- Cut the Habanero (wear latex gloves!) into pieces, discarding the stem and seeds. Scrape the peel from the ginger with the side of a spoon, and then chop into a few pieces. Add the Habanero, Ginger, and the 1/2 cup Mango Nectar into a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Simmer gently for about 2 minutes, then remove from heat. Remove or strain out the peppers and ginger, and let cool. The nectar will reduce to about 1 1/2 Tablespoons of liquid.
- Peel and dice Mangoes and place in blender. Remove stems from Strawberries, and add to blender. Add 1 TBLS lime juice, and puree until smooth.
- Add the cooled nectar, and 2 pinches of salt to the puree in the blender. Add in the Yogurt and the Half & Half. Blend until well mixed. Chill mixture for several hours, or overnight. (If adding Vodka, stir in just prior to freezing. The Vodka will help keep the yogurt softer for a longer time.)
- Freeze following the directions for your ice cream maker.
- For sauce, use the remainder of the Mango Nectar. Heat over Medium-Low heat to a simmer. Add 1 TBLS butter, 1 tsp sugar and 1 pinch salt. Simmer for about 4-5 minutes until mixture begins to thicken. Let cool.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mangoes
Food Blog Links We Love
Perfect picnic fare
Food blog links we love.
Independence Day, the no-recipe way.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.