If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I'm a sucker for sweet/savory combinations and this one satisfies all my cravings at once. (Especially when served with an margarita on the rocks with salt.) If you've never roasted mangos before, you're in for a treat. Not only does the roasting transform the flesh into an earthy sweet flavor and silky texture that's great for savory dishes, but it also makes the mangos a breeze to peel and seperate from the pit. This salsa is delicious with chips and the aforementioned margarita (duh!), but also makes a classy companion for grilled salmon or pork. - Ms. T
Serves 4 cups
- 2 ripe mangos (I used Manila)
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 roasted red pepper (skin, seeds and ribs removed)
- 1 roasted poblano pepper (skin, seeds and ribs removed)
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced (seeds removed)
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place whole mangos (with skin on) on a baking sheet or shallow roasting pan. Toss tomatoes in olive oil, sprinkle with salt and place in a single layer on a second baking sheet. Place both in the oven, and roast tomatoes until soft and slightly charred (about 45 minutes), and mangos until fork-tender (about 1 hour). Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes.
- When cool enough to handle, cut mangos open and use a spoon to scoop the flesh into the bowl of a food processor. Add roasted tomatoes, roasted red pepper poblano, and chipotle peppers. Pulse several times until blended, but still slightly chunky.
- Scoop mixture into a bowl. Add jalapeno, onion, lime juice, cilantro, and salt and stir well to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- If your ingredients are still warm, chill for a bit in the fridge and serve salsa slightly chilled or at room temp.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mangoes
Jam is a Liquid
And other things to keep in mind when traveling with food.
Do not pack these foods in your carry-on.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Let's get chopping.
Macerated strawberries, with a twist.
This is poppin'.