Author Notes: In my opinion, a ripe mango approaches perfection and needs nothing more than the application of ice - or heat - to serve and satisfy. In this recipe I offer both. Start with tequila, frozen chunks of mango and pineapple with a twist of fresh lime. Add a bite to the drink with a hit of fresh ginger -- or a thin slice of jalapeno pepper. . .blend with plenty of ice. More power to you if you a happen to have a Vitamix on hand.
Serve with tortilla chips, guacamole - or mango salsa.
- Vivian Henoch
Makes 3 1/2 cups
- 4 ounces silver tequila
- 1 ounce triple sec
- 1 lime, peeled and halved
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced jalapeno without seeds (optional)
- 2 cups ice cubes
- Place all ingredients in a blender in the order listed and blend until silky smooth.
- Serve with tortilla chips, guacamole - or mango salsa. Relax and enjoy.
- Variations: add raspberries; substitute rum for tequila and frozen orange instead of pineapple. Create your own Mango Sunrise Surprise.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mangoes