Author Notes: This is a delicious Indian ice cream dessert, that really combines the delicious sweet flavours of mango with the rice earthy flavour of pistachio nuts. - Chef_Mel
- 400g tin evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 15g hulled unsalted pistachios
- 4 Cardamom pods
- 2 tablespoons double cream
- 2 Fresh Ripe Mangoes, peeled and sliced
- Heat the evaporated milk and sugar in a pan. Stir continuously on a high heat, making sure the mixture does not burn, for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Put the pistachios into a food processor and blitz until the pistachios are finely chopped. Get the seeds out of the cardamom pods and crush them in a mortar and pestle into a powder.
- Stir the pistachios, cardamom and double cream into the evaporated milk mixture. With cling film, line a non stick loaf tin, and pour in the Kulfi mixture. Put in the freezer for a minimum of 5 hours. Remove from the freezer, pull the Kulfi out of the mould, peel off the cling-film and serve with the chopped fresh mango and extra pistachios.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Ice Cream
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mangoes