If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a delicious Indian ice cream dessert, that really combines the delicious sweet flavours of mango with the rice earthy flavour of pistachio nuts. —Chef_Mel
- 400g tin evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 15g hulled unsalted pistachios
- 4 Cardamom pods
- 2 tablespoons double cream
- 2 Fresh Ripe Mangoes, peeled and sliced
- Heat the evaporated milk and sugar in a pan. Stir continuously on a high heat, making sure the mixture does not burn, for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Put the pistachios into a food processor and blitz until the pistachios are finely chopped. Get the seeds out of the cardamom pods and crush them in a mortar and pestle into a powder.
- Stir the pistachios, cardamom and double cream into the evaporated milk mixture. With cling film, line a non stick loaf tin, and pour in the Kulfi mixture. Put in the freezer for a minimum of 5 hours. Remove from the freezer, pull the Kulfi out of the mould, peel off the cling-film and serve with the chopped fresh mango and extra pistachios.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Ice Cream
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mangoes
A slim-free way to make okra
Hot dogs made better.
Your poolside essentials.