If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A creamy vinaigrette that gets its sweetness from ripe mangoes, its aroma from tarragon, and delivers flavor bombs from Thai pickled green peppercorns. Serve it over your favorite salad greens. —cookingProf
Makes about 1 cup of dressing
- 1 Ripe alphonzo or champagne mango
- 1/4 cup Balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Coarsely chopped Thai green peppercorns (preserved in brine)
- 1 teaspoon Finely chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 1/4 cup Water
- Salt to taste
- Remove the flesh from the mango. Put the mango pieces, vinegar, olive oil, water and salt in a food processor and puree. Transfer the puree to a bowl. Coarsely chop the peppercorns. Mix in the chopped tarragon and peppercorns. Chill for an hour or longer for the flavors to come together. May add 1/2 teaspoon of sugar if desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mangoes
Orange You Glad?
A better, more carrot-y carrot cake
A more carrot-y carrot cake.
Bring some flare to your cookout.
Life's better with snacks.
A better basket.