Author Notes: When I am home alone my favorite thing to prepare and eat is Crab Cakes...They are easy to assemble, a little cooking and then I just read or watch some guilty pleasure until the wee hours. It all starts with the combination of my husband being gone overnight and the fact that there is something special about a month that has the letter "r in it...CRAB SEASON! The crabbers are busy out at Bodega Bay in northern California. The dungeness crab are the sweetest I have ever tasted (sorry, Maryland and Louisianna). There are probably as many crab cake recipes as there are cooks and this is mine. - dymnyno
Serves makes about 4 large cakes (delic as a sandwich the next day too)
- 1 pound dungeness crab meat (you can use other types of crab but dungeness is the best)
- 1/2 cup mayonaise
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup finely chopped Italian parsley (flat leaf)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups panko, or plain dry bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- oil for frying crab cakes
- Mix the mayonaise,crab meat,cilantro, parsley, red onion and lemon juice.
- With your hands form patties.
- Set up three bowls: 1. flour, 2. egg, 3.bread crumbs
- Gently dip the crab cake in the flour, then the egg, then the bread crumbs. Repeat with all the patties.
- Heat oil and fry each crab cake on medium heat until lightly browned.
- Serve with garlic aioli or chili sauce
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Home Alone Dinner