If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Given the delicate balance of sweet and heat and texture in this recipe, my guess is that no two cooks will make this exactly alike. All depends on how many cloves of garlic, and just how high on the Capsaicin Scoville heat scale you choose to go.
HINT: Add smoke to the flavor by grilling the fruit and peppers first before blending.
Relish: according to your taste with drinks, tortilla chips, guacamole, fish, seafood, chicken or meats. - Vivian Henoch
Makes about a cup
- 1 mango, peeled and chunked
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, chunked
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 to 4 garlic cloves
- 1 to 2 scotch bonnet peppers
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a food processor, mince garlic and scotch bonnet pepper together with lime juice, coconut oil and honey.
- Add mango and pineapple chunks with cilantro and pulse a few times, until desired consistency. Relish.
- HINT: for a spicy sauce or dressing, blend the mixture until silky smooth.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mangoes
Our latest fixations.
The recipes we've tested and loved.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
What's in, what's out.
Wedding registry must haves.