If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Cinco de Mayo and a basket of fresh mangoes. . . called for fajitas. Simple. Colorful. Celebratory! Start with an All-Purpose Mango Marinade. Slice peppers, onions, more mangoes. Fire up a cast iron skillet or the grille and you're good to go! - Vivian Henoch
All-Purpose Mango Marinade
- 1 mango, peeled and chunked
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno, seeded
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 pound shrimp
- 1 mango, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 yellow bell pepper, slice thin
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded, minced
- 2-4 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- FOR MARINADE: blend all five ingredients in a food processor until smooth. In a bowl, coat shrimp with marinade and refrigerate for about 30 minutes, just to flavor the seafood.
- FOR FAJITAS: In a cast iron pan, heat olive oil, add minced garlic and ginger and saute to release the flavors.Add sliced peppers and onions and saute until softened. Remove vegetables from pan and set aside.
- In heated pan, saute shrimp until tender. Return peppers to pan; add sliced mango, cilantro and lime juice. Heat for another minute. Serve immediately on soft tacos. Garnish with shredded cheddar cheese, guacamole or sour cream if desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mangoes
Flourless Almond & Coconut Cake
Looked for salad, ended up with cake: Life in a nutshell.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Strawberry, Rhubarb, and Lime Popsicles
An out of the blue use for a mason jar.
Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?