If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Ambrosia has a bad reputation. Give it a chance. It's good stuff! And a really fun retro dessert or side dish or whatever it is, I'm not really sure. If the marshmallows don't float your boat, just omit them. - mrslarkin
Serves 2 or more
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream, whipped to stiff peaks (optional)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 cup mango, chopped
- 1 cup pineapple, chopped
- 1 kiwi, chopped
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut, or more to taste
- 2 mint leaves, sliced into thin ribbons (optional)
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows (optional)
- 1 tablespoon flaked coconut, toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon poppy seeds or chia seeds (optional)
- finely grated lime zest, just a sprinkle over top
- Fold together the sour cream, whipped cream, brown sugar and lime juice.
- In a medium bowl, toss fruit with shredded coconut. Fold in cream mixture. Fold in mint and marshmallows, if using. Chill. When ready to serve, sprinkle poppy seeds and flaked coconut over top. Finish with a little grated lime zest.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Coconut
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mangoes
Dumplings, No Recipe Required
Dumplings for one, dumplings for all.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Gluten-Free Strawberry Tart
Eclectic Truffle Chocolate Bars
Cuban-inspired recipes to cook now.