If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This was my first recipe using quinoa in sweet form for breakfast and I absolutely fell in love with the combination of tastes and textures. The quinoa's slightly nutty flavor complimented the oats, and the chia seeds added great consistency. - MadisonMayberry
- 1/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup uncooked rolled oats
- 1/2 cup milk (I used 1%)
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 packet Truvia or 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extrac
- 1 medium banana, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the cooked quinoa, rolled oats, milk, water and chia seeds. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes, until oats and chia seeds have absorbed most of the moisture and the mixture is thickened. Add in the cinnamon, Truvia or brown sugar and vanilla extract. Cook for 30 seconds more. Remove from heat and stir in the banana slices. Spoon into a bowl and top with the chopped pecans.
Recipe of the Day
Grilled Brie Sandwiches With Honey, Pistachio, and Kale Pesto
Shop Spring Cleaning
Dumplings, No Recipe Required
Dumplings for one, dumplings for all.
Eclectic Truffle Chocolate Bars
Gluten-Free Strawberry Tart