If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Hoorah! I've been searching for this recipe ever since the mango contest was announced. Finally found it last evening. Back in my catering days, Toni Clark was one of my sous chefs. She created this salad for a luncheon we did for a very important client. It became hugely popular because it is so delicious. I am so glad I can share it with all of you and give Toni the credit. —ChefJune
Makes 6 luncheon servings
- 1 3 1/2 pound chicken, poached--then skinned and removed from the bone
- 2 medium white onions, sautéed in olive oil until very soft
- 1/2 teaspoon Madras curry powder
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and cut in thin strips
- 1 jar mango chutney
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Salad greens of your choice to serve salad on
- Add the curry powder to the sautéed onions. Stir and let sit in the pan for a few minutes.
- Cut the poached chicken meat into large chunks or strips.
- Toss all ingredients except the greens together. Cover and let sit in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours to allow the flavors to blend.
- Arrange the salad greens on a large platter or shallow bowl. Pile the chicken salad in the center.
- Garnish with additional mango strips, if desired.
- * This also makes wonderful sandwiches.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chicken
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mangoes
Why Our Vegan Cookbook is for Everyone
Whether you're a meat eater, tofu lover, or in-between
A vegan cookbook for everyone—really.
What to eat and listen to tonight.
We've got the summer blues.
Our latest #f52contest: back-pocket baking.
Have a ball (jar).