If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: As lot of us shared that we all simply eat mango, drink mango, cook mango and dream mango all season long during summer in India. So, this is a wonderful sour, tarty drink that we consume a lot , I really mean to say a lot during summer months, one of the reasons is because it helps against the hot breeze or hot temperature in Indian Summer. So that you do not get flu. Yes, it is odd to understand how can summer bring out flu. But, yes lot of times during summer we would fall sick due to hot temperature and there is seriously nothing better than having a glass of "panna". good thing is it can be stored for a month or so or may be more. - PistachioDoughnut
Makes 1 big pitcher or bottle
- 2 pounds Green unripe mangoes
- 3 to 4 teaspoons Roasted Cumin powder
- 2 teaspoons Black salt
- 2.5 to 3 cups Sugar
- additional salt to taste
- Wash the mangoes thoroughly, and then boil them till they are nicely mushy and boiled.
- Remove them as soon as they are boiled, peel the skin off, it will be easy to do so as it is already boiled so the skin will come off. And, then mash the pulp through a strainer.
- So, you will get a nice pulp of mangoes. As they are boiled, there is no need of blender or processor. You can easily mash it and strain it.
- Once you do so, take it back to stove on low heat , add in about 2 cups of water to dilute everything along with other ingredients like black salt, cumin powder, sugar and mix well. Let everything come together well. Season it well.
- Just when the sugar has melted and everything has come together, remove it and let it cool. Once it cools ,you can feel it in a bottle and keep in the fridge. or if you want to serve it immediately then , take out the mango mix in all individual glass about 1/4 cup or so and add in some cold water (traditional way) and serve it or dilute it with some club soda and serve.
- So, whenever you have guests come over , you already have this stored mango mix and just need to dilute it with soda or water.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mangoes