If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These ice pops use the same base as the mango sherbet I posted previously. I wanted to try two different freezing methods for the same base. I actually think these ice pops have a slightly smoother, creamer texture than the sherbet. —Cristina Sciarra
Food52 Review: These mango ice pops were a hit! They are the perfect balance of fruit with just the right amount of creaminess to make them a great dessert all summer long. Refreshing but satisfying. I suggest using a very ripe mango so that all the good juice stored around the fibrous pit gets incorporated into your ice pops. —meganvt01
Makes 9 ice pops
- 1 mango
- the juice of 1/2 a lime
- a pinch of sea salt
- 1/3 cup agave nectar
- 1.5 cups cold, whole milk
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Peel the mango. Then, using a knife, peel the flesh (and falling juice) directly into a blender or food processor. Juice the 1/2 lime, and add it to the blender, along with the sea salt. Turn the blender to stir, and mix until the mango is nearly pureed.
- Open the top of the blender as the mango is being pureed; pour in the agave. (I used 1/3 cup because my mango was not overly ripe or sweet. The resulting sherbert was not overly sweet. Feel free to adjust deepening on your mango/preferences.)
- With the blades still whirring, pour in the milk, and then the cream. Let the blender go just long enough for everything to mix together.
- Pour the mango base into a ice pop mold. Move them to the freezer, and allow them to hang out in there for a good couple of hours, until they are completely frozen.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Frozen Dessert
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mangoes
In Queso Were Wondering
Cashews are the mvp of vegan ingredients
This queso is nuts.
Keep your bubbly bubbly.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our guide to the Eastern Shore.
Get your shine on.