If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Makes about 1 dozen
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 ounces cold butter or lard (or a combination of both), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Whisk dry ingredients together and then cut in butter or lard either with a pastry cutter or by hand.
- When mixture is mealy and butter is well incorporated add buttermilk.
- Stir with a wooden spoon and then pull dough together by hand, being careful not to over mix.
- Pat out biscuit dough to 1 1/2 - 2 inches thick.
- Using a biscuit cutter or glass cut into rounds (for more rustic biscuits like the ones pictured, you can pat the dough into a rectangle and cut them by hand).
- Bake until golden, about 25-30 minutes.
Finger Foods for the Fourth
The best summer appetizers
Finger foods for the Fourth.
Warning: You might be offended.
Savor the season.
Bagel and lox, in a salad.
A board to go nuts over.