Author Notes: Wait till I finish it.. - PistachioDoughnut
Food52 Review: This easy to assemble mousse comes together in about 20 minutes. It's soft, light, and airy and tastes purely of mango. The crisp, clean, piney flavor of the fruit is beautifully complemented by spicy cardamom and warm vanilla. Pistachios add great textural and visual contrast. - documentngdinnr
Serves 10 serving
- 1.5 cups Mango puree (from fresh mangoes or can of alphonso mango available at Indian grocery stores0
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 11/4 cups Heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Large eggs
- a splash of rum
- 1 or 2 cardamom powder or star anise
- 1/4 cup Pistachio or any nuts of your choice..
- Some slices of mango just to garnish
- Take heavy whipping cream, vanilla and sugar and whip it with the help of a hand beater or a kitchen aid mixer with whipping hook. Whip it for about 2 to 3 minutes continuously and add in the rum.
- In another bowl take mango puree and cardamom powder and mix it well and add it to the whipped cream. If you are using star anise , I would suggest you let it infuse in warm honey and then add the honey to the cream.
- Separate the eggs, add the yolks to the cream mixture. And, on the other side another bowl, add the whites along with salt and whisk well until stiff. Now, take the whipped cream and fold the whites through the cream gently.
- Once everything comes together, simply divide the mousse in 8 different bowls. Garnish them with roasted (coarsely grind) nuts and a mango slice. You can freeze it for sometime if you are not planning on serving it immediately.