If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My cheese cake recipe is a traditionally flavored cheesecake nestled between a tangy, and tropical mango fruit topping and a crust made with a combination of chocolatey graham crackers and sweet, nutty Teff Flour. It's a contrast of sweet and sour. - petitecatering
Serves 6-8 slices
Tropical Fruit Sauce Topping
- 1 cup Key Lime Juice, substitute regular lime juice if key lime is unavailable
- 1 cup Fresh Mango, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup Fresh Ripened Pineapple, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 3 tablespoons Corn Starch
- 1 tablespoon sugar (to taste)
- 1. Put mangoes, pineapple, lemon and half of the lime juice in food processor or blender until puree is formed. Personal preference dictates the length of time in the processor. Decide whether you want your sauce to have bits of fruit in it or if you want it smooth. Stop the machine when appropriate.
- 2. Combine the fruit puree into a medium sauce pan with the other ½ of the lime juice, over medium-low heat. Dissolve corn starch in a small bowl of cold water and pour this into the sauce pan. Continuously stir the mixture until it begins first to thicken, then to turn translucent. If the mixture becomes too thick too fast, simply add a little water to thin it out.
- 3. Add Sugar to taste.
- 4. Cover and set sauce aside in refrigerator.
Pie Crust Then Cheese Cake mixture
- 1/2 cup Teff Flour (can be purchased from any health food store)
- 1 cup Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 2 tablespoons Chocolate Cocoa Powder
- 2 tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup Butter, melted
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 sugar to taste
- 8 ounces package of Cream Cheese
- 8 ounces package of Neufchatel Cheese
- 1/3 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1. Use a food processor to grind up the graham Crackers (or purchase crumbs) into powder. While still using the food processor, add the Teff Flour, cocoa, flour, sugar, and salt and pulse until well blended.
- 2. Mix melted butter with crumb mixture and firmly pack onto bottom of pie pan or spring-form pan.
- 3. Blind bake pie crust for 10 minutes at 350°. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Now for the cheese cake itself. Allow the ingredients to come to room temperature. Mix cheeses with sugar until smooth. Then mix eggs with all other remaining ingredients, one at a time at the end.
- Pour the cheese cake mixture into the pie crust and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until firm.
- remove pie, cool in refrigerator at least 4 hours before topping with fruit sauce and serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mangoes
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
A well-rounded bud vase.
The Best Cinnamon Rolls