If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Makes 3 cups
- 3 cups cooked Basmati rice
- 1 cup Peeled & Shredded raw mango
- 1 teaspoon Crushed black mustard seeds
- 1/4 cup WHite sesame seeds toasted, and very coarsely powdered
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1-2 red thai chile, cut into 3 or 4 pieces
- 1 red arbol chile
- 1 sprig curry leaves (8-10 leaves)
- 1 pinch brown sugar
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- Fluff the warm cooked basmati rice into separate grains and add to a large mixing bowl
- Heat the ghee in a skillet and add the cumin and arbol chile when it shimmers. once the cumin seeds split, add the crushed mustard seeds, curry leaves and the red thai chile bits and give it stir. Add the shredded raw mango and saute till it turns soft and limp. Add the salt and the brown sugar (to cut the acidity) and cook for about 2 minutes, covered. Add the powdered sesame and remove from the stove
- Add the sauteed mango mixture into the center of the rice and gently fold in the rice to combine all the ingredients. Transfer to a serving dish, Garnish with cilantro and serve with Cucumber Raita
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mangoes
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
A well-rounded bud vase.
The Best Cinnamon Rolls