If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a very light, refreshing soup – even with the cream. It's one of those dishes that you will end up adjusting to your own taste. For a brighter fruit taste, add less cream; add more lemon for a stronger lemon flavor. It's also delicious made with lime instead of lemon. Don't sub for the crème fraiche though – its tanginess provides a good balance to the mango's sweetness. Make sure to use ripe mangoes – even slightly overripe are fine. - jenniebgood
- 6-7 ripe mangoes, peeled, pitted and diced
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche
- Strawberry Rhubarb Puree for garnish
Strawberry Rhubarb Puree (Yield: about 2 cups)
- 1/2 pound rhubarb stalks, outer fibrous strings trimmed/removed and diced into 3/4 inch pieces
- 8 ounces strawberries, rinsed, hulled and sliced
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- Put the diced mango and lemon juice in food processor fitted with a metal blade or in a blender and puree. Reserve 1 cup of the puree for garnish, cover and refrigerate.
- Add the cream and crème fraiche to the remaining puree and pulse or blend to incorporate. Do not leave the machine on for too long or the cream will whip.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and stir in the lemon zest. Cover and refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- Mix the strawberries and diced rhubarb in a medium saucepan with the sugar. Let sit for about 10 minutes to allow the fruit to begin to macerate.
- Heat the mixture on medium-high until it comes to a boil. Boil for about 3-4 minutes, then turn the heat to low and simmer until the mixture begins to thicken, about 6-8 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature. Puree with a hand blender.
- Ladle chilled soup into individual bowls. Garnish each with a swirl or dollop of the reserved mango puree and Strawberry-Rhubarb Puree.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mangoes
A Genius Dinner Party: Part 2
Of course, it involves no-knead pizza dough.
A genius dinner party: part 2
A list of things we like.
All you need for Memorial Day.
Home & design links we love.
Mortar and pestle perfection.