If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: its just a classic relish, simply something whipped together on a whim.. No exciting stories of discovery here. I usually just use mangoes in this recipe, but there was a lone meyer lemon sitting on my counter, its gorgeous orange skin a beckoning.. I didn't have the heart to let its lustre fade away and shrivel just because it wouldn't fit into the jar with its preserved lemon brethren...
Makes 1 cup
- 1 Meyer Lemon, Quartered, de-seeded & sliced thin
- 1 cup peeled & finely diced raw mango.
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne pepper powder
- 1-1.5 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 pinch turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons sesame or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- Combine the Mayer lemon, mango salt, cayenne & turmeric in a ceramic bowl.
- Heat the oil until it 'shimmers' add the mustard seeds and allow to sputter. Pour the hot oil with the mustard over the mango & lemon mix. Stir to combine. Allow to rest for about an hour for the flavors to integrate.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mangoes
This Week's Best #F52Farmstands
Cheese peppers, grapes, and more
This week's best #F52farmstands.
Get baking this Labor Day.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Make these recipes before it's too late.
Storage made crystal clear.