If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a typical story of a morning pancake crave. I dreamed about them the night before and had to have the best. By whipping the egg white and using powdered sugar, the fluffiness of the pancakes is amazing! As an alternative use different fruit for the filling, yogurt, syrup, or jam for the topping. Either way, enjoy these airy, fluffy rounds of deliciousness! —Mariya
- 1 egg-separated
- 1/4 cup and 1 teaspoon milk
- 1.5 teaspoons ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- 1 banana-cut into small rounds
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate-in small pieces
- butter for cooking (or cooking spray)
- In a bowl, mix the egg yolk with the milk and ricotta cheese.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, sugar.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients together and mix well (there should be no clumps); add banana and chocolate pieces.
- Whip the egg whites just until they begin to form soft peaks.
- With a spatula, gently, fold in 1/3 of the whipped egg whites into the mixture-do not over mix! Once incorporated, fold in the rest of the egg whites.
- Butter (or spray) a pan and cook pancakes until nicely brown on each side (less than a minute per side). YUM!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Breakfast
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pancakes
Beet Greens Can't be Beat
The summer braise worth turning on the oven for
Beet greens can't be beat.
Last day for free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
Savor the season.