Author Notes: I love mango sweetness with curry, and it goes so well with scallops, chicken, and grilled fish. We love pizza with a curry-base sauce and cheese, so decided to try them together. I'm not a fan of curry powder so please try blending these spices. Patak's is extra hot so maybe try half, then add the other half.
Just leave out scallops and chicken for vegetarian. - BoulderGalinTokyo
Makes 4 pizzas, (32 slices)
- 2 cups mango, cubed
- 4 shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 3 asparagus, pencil-size, trimmed, sliced in 1/2-inch pieces
- 6-inch long piece, yama imo (Japanese mountain potato)
- 1/4 onion, peeled, thinly sliced
- 4 large scallops (for 1 pizza)
- 1 cup shredded chicken breast
- 2 cheeses, grated (2 different kinds is interesting)
- pizza dough, whatever your favorite. (I used my bread machine's recipe rolled thin)
- Prepare pizza dough. Prepare toppings ingredients. Prepare White-Curry Pizza Sauce and Red-Curry Pizza Sauce, recipes below.
- I used asparagus without steaming first (could microwave if very fat stalks). Peel yama imo. Cut into 1/2 cubes (can be eaten raw so no need to worry it won't cook). Slice scallops horizontally through the center.
- Spread Red-Curry Sauce on 2 pizzas. Spread White-Pizza sauce on the other two pizzas. Evenly sprinkle mango cubes over all 4 pizzas. I like the scallops on the White Curry, and yama imo on the Red Curry. Use at least 3 ingredients per pizza, but mix and match at your pleasure.
- Preheat oven. Add cheese to pizzas. Bake in a very high-heat oven (I use 200℃ in a gas convection oven for about 13-15 minutes/ thin crust.)
White-Curry and Red-Curry Pizza Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups white sauce or 1 10 3/4 oz. Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt or ricotta cheese (if using soup)
- 2 cloves, garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Patak's Tomato and Cumin Extra Hot Curry Paste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Garam Masala
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon tumeric
- Cool white sauce a little before using. If using canned soup, put in bowl and add yogurt. Add garlic and cumin. Mix well. Divide into 2 equal portions.
- RED-CURRY PIZZA SAUCE: To one bowl add Patak's Extra Hot Curry and black pepper. Mix well.
- WHITE-CURRY PIZZA SAUCE: To the other bowl add the Garam Masala, coriander, white pepper, cayenne pepper and tumeric. Mix well.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mangoes