Author Notes: Without knowing exactly how this veggie would adapt to different ingredients, I decided to try a basic recipe. I turned to one of my favorite sources, Ina Garten, to adapt something she had made. I used her recipe and added a few tweaks to boost up the flavor profile. A splash of balsamic vinegar along with a few roasted peppers transform this dish into my new favorite side. - La Phemme Phoodie
- 1 1/2 pound Brussels sprouts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1-2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 roasted red and yellow peppers, chopped
- Cut off the brown ends of the Brussels sprouts and pull off any yellow outer leaves.
- Mix them in a bowl with the olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Pour them on a sheet pan and roast for 35 to 40 minutes, until crisp on the outside and tender on the inside.
- Shake the pan from time to time to brown the sprouts evenly.
- Sprinkle with more kosher salt if desired.
- Toss with chopped peppers and 1-2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar and serve immediately.