If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A couple of years ago TheKitchn offered a recipe for zucchini butter from Jennie Cook of Jennie Cooks Catering. With an abundance of zucchini, I thought I'd try it...it was wonderful... and I always thought that someday I might try a version of it using another vegetable. Today was the day. Simple, simple, simple.... a great snack or appetizer spread on crackers, toast or even bagels in the morning. No harsh bite..just "buttery" smoothness!
http://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-jennie-cooks-zucchini-b-121770 - inpatskitchen
Makes a little over one cup of radish butter
- 2 bunches large red radishes (around 20) grated on the large holes of a box grater
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely diced red onion
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- After grating the radish, pat with paper toweling to dry it a bit.
- In a large saute pan, cook the onion and garlic for a few minutes to soften.
- Add the radish and saute over medium-high heat, stirring often, until the mixture softens and becomes a bit gooey. This will probably take 20 to 30 minutes.
- Generously season with salt and add a little pepper. (I used 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper) Use your judgement
- Cool and refrigerate for about an hour before serving on crackers, little toasts or cucumbers. http://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-jennie-cooks-zucchini-b-121770
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Road Trip Snack
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Radishes or Turnips