Author Notes: A quick salad for a warm evening, this one has no acid in the dressing. I just wanted to taste the sweet sugar snap peas and the little peppery bite of the radish - inpatskitchen
- 2 cups sugar snap peas, sliced in half on the diagonal
- 5 large red radishes, sliced very thin with a mandoline
- 3 tablespoons Mirin
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted cashews
- In a small sauce pan bring 2 to 3 cups of water to a boil. Add the sliced sugar snaps to the boiling water and count out 30 seconds. Drain the peas and place in a bowl of ice water to cool completely. Drain thoroughly once cooled.
- Toss the sugar snaps and radishes together in a mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk the Mirin, peanut oil and sesame oil. Stir into the vegetables and season with a little salt and white pepper. Garnish with the chopped cashews.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Radishes or Turnips