Author Notes: I made Turnip Paste using fresh turnip, olive oil, walnuts and garlic. Today I made potato salad with this paste. This is as good as basil paste. About 1 cup of turnip paste is made with the below ingredients. If you use 4-6 potatoes and the paste is still remained, keep in a clean jar and refrigerate. This paste can be used for pasta or grilled chicken or fish as well. - Japanese Housewife
- 1/4 pound Fresh Turnip
- 1/4 cup Walnuts
- 2 Small Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 4-6 Medium-large Russet Potatoes
- 4-5 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- Make turnip paste. Chop turnip and garlic cloves. Put turnip, garlic, walnuts, salt and olive oil into food processor and process until smooth. (about 1 cup paste is made)
- Peel and cut potatoes into half inch cubes. Put potatoes into microwave safe bowl, cover with plastic wrap and heat in a microwave for 5-6 minutes or until tender.
- Add turnip paste and mayonnaise. Mix well. Sprinkle black pepper (optional) and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Radishes or Turnips