If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I made Turnip Paste using fresh turnip, olive oil, walnuts and garlic. Today I made potato salad with this paste. This is as good as basil paste. About 1 cup of turnip paste is made with the below ingredients. If you use 4-6 potatoes and the paste is still remained, keep in a clean jar and refrigerate. This paste can be used for pasta or grilled chicken or fish as well. —Hidemi
- 1/4 pound Fresh Turnip
- 1/4 cup Walnuts
- 2 Small Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 4-6 Medium-large Russet Potatoes
- 4-5 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- Make turnip paste. Chop turnip and garlic cloves. Put turnip, garlic, walnuts, salt and olive oil into food processor and process until smooth. (about 1 cup paste is made)
- Peel and cut potatoes into half inch cubes. Put potatoes into microwave safe bowl, cover with plastic wrap and heat in a microwave for 5-6 minutes or until tender.
- Add turnip paste and mayonnaise. Mix well. Sprinkle black pepper (optional) and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Radishes or Turnips
This May Be the Best Thing You Can Do with Zucchini
A genius make-ahead summer side
A genius zucchini dish.
Is your cilantro contaminated?
It's time to travel.
Do this for better cold brew.