If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: One day the idea of gingerbread pancakes gripped me. I couldn't find a good recipe so I created this one. The pancakes are fluffy and light but taste just like the best gingerbread. —coconutlime
Makes 6 pancakes
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- Whisk together the egg, molasses, butter, sugar and buttermilk in a small bowl or measuring cup until smooth. Set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the spices, flour, baking soda and baking powder. Slowly whisk in the egg/milk mixture. There should be no pockets of unmixed flour or large lumps. Batter will be rather thick.
- Allow the batter to sit on the counter while you spray a frying pan or griddle with nonstick spray or melt 1 tablespoon of butter to coat. Heat the pan so that it feels warm when you hover your hand over it. Add about 1/4 cup of the batter into the middle. Cook until bubbles begin to appear and pop. Flip. Cook for about 2 minutes. Both sides should be golden brown.
Have Your Campari—and Eat It, Too
Granita is really, really great
Spike your granita with campari.
These snacks are independent.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
49 new dinnerware pieces.
A handy saucepan.