If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Milk miso soup with turnip, bacon, carrots and corn. All ingredients are sauteed with butter, so the flavor is very rich and taste is mild and creamy. Very easy to make. —Hidemi
- 4 Slices Bacon
- 1/3 cup Yellow Corn
- 4 Baby Carrots
- 1/4 pound Fresh Turnip
- 2 cups Water
- 1 1/2 cups Milk
- 3 tablespoons Miso Paste
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- Chop bacon. Cut turnip into bite size. Slice baby carrots thinly.
- In a saucepan, heat butter, add bacon and carrots and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add water, cover and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until carrots are tender removing the scum periodically. Then add turnip, corn and milk. Simmer for another 2-3 minutes or until turnip are tender.
- Add miso paste and whisk to dissolve miso paste until smooth. Turn off the heat and pour the soup into each serving bowl. (Do not boil the soup after putting miso paste)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Radishes or Turnips