If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was inspired by a farmers' market trip. I love buying whatever looks good then figuring out simple ways of preparing the ingredients to best highlight them. —FunkyLady
- 1 cup Fava beans, shelled, blanched, and skins removed
- 1 small avocado
- 3 tablespoons minced green garlic, white and light green parts only, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 pound morels, larger ones cut in half
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 French baguette
- 2 pieces bacon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Blend fava beans, 1/2 of the garlic, avocado, lime juice, salt, and pepper in a food processor. Refrigerate while prepping the mushrooms and toast.
- Slice baguette, thinly on a bias and place on cookie sheet. Place in preheated oven. When lightly browned, turn the slices over to brown the other side.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in sautee pan at medium heat. Remove bacon once crisp and reserve. Add butter, once melted add morels and rest of the garlic. Sautee, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes.
- Assemble by spreading a layer of fava bean puree over toasted baguette and carefully placing morels over the top with a little bacon.
Have Your Campari—and Eat It, Too
Granita is really, really great
Spike your granita with campari.
The craziest chip around.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
Savor the season.
This pasta's mint to be.