Author Notes: This recipe was inspired by a farmers' market trip. I love buying whatever looks good then figuring out simple ways of preparing the ingredients to best highlight them. - FunkyLady
- 1 cup Fava beans, shelled, blanched, and skins removed
- 1 small avocado
- 3 tablespoons minced green garlic, white and light green parts only, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 pound morels, larger ones cut in half
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 French baguette
- 2 pieces bacon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Blend fava beans, 1/2 of the garlic, avocado, lime juice, salt, and pepper in a food processor. Refrigerate while prepping the mushrooms and toast.
- Slice baguette, thinly on a bias and place on cookie sheet. Place in preheated oven. When lightly browned, turn the slices over to brown the other side.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in sautee pan at medium heat. Remove bacon once crisp and reserve. Add butter, once melted add morels and rest of the garlic. Sautee, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes.
- Assemble by spreading a layer of fava bean puree over toasted baguette and carefully placing morels over the top with a little bacon.