If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This crunchy salad-slaw adds a nice cool element to many dishes. I use it in spring and all summer long on hotdogs, in tacos or just as a salad with any meal. Today it was a delicious addition to our dinner’s roasted chicken and Tortilla Española. - Kukla
Food52 Review: WHO: Kukla is a classical pianist who has loved cooking and baking since her teens.
WHAT: A summer salad that combines a tangy, creamy dressing with a who's who list of crispy vegetables: radishes, young turnips, celery, and scallions.
HOW: Don't bother turning on the stove -- a whisk, a knife, and a chopping block are the only tools you'll need here.
WHY WE LOVE IT: Sturdy enough to be picnic-ready, yet classy enough for the fanciest of picnics, we'll be toting this salad along to outdoor fetes all summer long. - The Editors
Serves 4 to 6
- • 1/2 head celery (about 6-7 stalks), peeled and thinly sliced, leaves picked and reserved
- • 1 bunch radishes, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
- • 1 bunch young turnips, ends trimmed, halved and thinly sliced
- • 5 spring onions, white and green parts thinly sliced
- • 1/2 cup fresh flat leave parsley, chopped
- For the sauce:
- • 3 tablespoons Gorgonzola Dolce blue cheese, room temperature
- • 2 tablespoons good quality mayonnaise
- • 1/2 cup sour cream
- • 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice plus 2 teaspoons zest
- • 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- • 10 grinds black pepper
- • 2 teaspoons sugar
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the blue cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice and zest, sugar, salt and pepper until well combined. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Just before serving in a large bowl toss all the vegetables, chopped parsley and celery leaves; add the sauce and mix well to combine. Taste for seasonings and serve.
- Your Best Radishes or Turnips Contest Winner!
Freeze It Right There
A fruity, frozen spin on a classic.
A bananas frozen daiquiri.
Plan a genius dinner party: part one.
All you need for Memorial Day.
Community Picks: Lettuce-Free Salad
A trusty trivet.