Author Notes: Spread this rich and creamy spread on toasted bread or crackers for a decadent treat. Turnips are boiled and then mashed and combined with cheeses. to create a delicious appetizer. - cookingupastorm2
Serves 6 servings
- 2 medium turnips, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup Fontina cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons Garden vegetable cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot that has been salted.
- Add turnips and boil uncovered for 25 minutes then drain and mash.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- To the turnips add the fontina, cream cheese, sugar, dijon, salt and pepper, stirring to combine.
- Pour ingredients into a large ramekin and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Radishes or Turnips