If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Spread this rich and creamy spread on toasted bread or crackers for a decadent treat. Turnips are boiled and then mashed and combined with cheeses. to create a delicious appetizer. —cookingupastorm2
Serves 6 servings
- 2 medium turnips, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup Fontina cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons Garden vegetable cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot that has been salted.
- Add turnips and boil uncovered for 25 minutes then drain and mash.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- To the turnips add the fontina, cream cheese, sugar, dijon, salt and pepper, stirring to combine.
- Pour ingredients into a large ramekin and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Radishes or Turnips
The Best Vegan Cookbook Tips
Better "bacon," tofu's texture, and more
The best vegan cookbook tips.
What to watch (and cook to) on Netflix.
It's time to travel.
Why you should be drinking tequila.
Put cake on a pedestal.