Author Notes: This is a light and refreshing salad using a variety of summer and spring vegetables. It can be easily pared with pork, chicken or fish. The heat of the radish and watercress, as well as, the ginger, gives it a nice "kick." - Bohdanna
- 2 cups watercress, cleaned
- 2 cups medley of tomatoes, red, yellow, orange, diced into small quarters
- 5 pieces radishes, cleaned, ends cut off, thinly sliced
- 1 piece red onion, small, sliced thinly into ringlets
- 1/2 cup chives, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon ginger, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, light
- 1 tablespoon vinegar, rice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 pinch salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup juice of one large lime
- In a medium bowl, gently mix all of the salad ingredients together.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together all of the dressing ingredients. Chill dressing in refrigerator for a few minutes.
- Arrange the salad on your serving plate, and pour the prepared dressing over the entire salad. Gently toss.
- Decorate with radish slices and chives, as a garnish.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Radishes or Turnips