If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I always get excited when Easter Egg Radishes make their first appearance of the year. These bright red, purple and white radishes are not only beautiful but also quite tasty with a mellow spice and an earthy aroma.
This slaw is crunchy, tangy, and creamy with lots of cilantro flavor! If you already have cooked beans on hand, it's a snap to put together. The spice blend I used to flavor the dressing was from Savory Spice Shop, a local spice store here in Colorado that I've grown quite fond of over the years! Their "El Diente Southwestern Spice" blend has chiles, paprika, mexican oregano, coriander, garlic, cumin, red pepper flakes and black pepper. Use a blend that has plenty of heat to achieve a more lingering, complex spiciness that goes oh-so-well with those hot radishes. —the preservery.
- 8 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups cooked black beans
- 1 bunch Easter Egg radishes, sliced into thin rounds
- 3/4 cup green onions, sliced
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (about 3-4 limes)
- 1 cup packed cilantro leaves and stems (about 1/2 a bunch)
- 1 tablespoon Mexican or Southwestern spice mix
- 7.5 ounces creme fraiche (1 container)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, toss together the cabbage, beans, radishes, and onions. Set aside.
- In a small blender, combine lime juice, cilantro and spice mix until well blended. Add creme fraiche, salt and pepper and blend quickly to combine (be sure not to blend the creme fraiche for long, as it might break and get clumpy). Toss dressing with slaw and serve. Garnish with extra cilantro leaves, if desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Radishes or Turnips
The Daily Grind
Make this Indian spice mix and never go back to pre-ground
You need to make this Indian spice mix.
Show zucchini some love.
It's time to travel.
Blend your plums—seriously.