If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a great salsa for chip-dipping, pork or chicken tacos, or incorporating in enchiladas. The addition of mint adds an interesting flavor layer, and the little bit of honey gives a nice balance to the heat. * You can tone down the heat by seeding the jalapenos after grilling, but I'm a bit of a capsacian junkie... —Sallie-o!
Makes about 3 c
- 10 tomatillos - husks peeled, rinsed
- 5 jalapenos
- 2 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/8 cup roughly chopped mint leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 zest of a lime
- 2 tablespoons fesh lime juice
- 1 big clove of garlic, or 2 regular
- 1 wedge of yellow onion
- Boil the tomatillos 6-10 minutes, depending on size. Let cool to touch, and remove hard bit at stem ends. Grill jalapenos till nicely charred on sides. When cool to touch, cut off stem ends (don't remove the skin - the char adds great flavor). * If you prefer a milder level of heat, slice them in half and remove seeds with a spoon.
- Put all ingredients in a blender, and pulse till smooth.
Give Peas a Chance
Pea guacamole and other offensive foods
Warning: You might be offended.
Burnt Toast: Episode 9
Savor the season.
The freedom to snack.