If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When my mother told me about her childhood favorite, my face cringed at the time commitment...however, once I tried these (with some adjustments), I developed a routine around them, as the taste is incredible! These are by far the most light and moist pancakes you'll ever taste. As for the routine: the first time you have to allow the yeast and flour to rise, go for a run, bike ride, or jog. Come back, finish adding the ingredients, do some sit ups, butt lifts, and leg lifts, shower, and the 2nd rising is done! Now you've certainly earned the deliciousness that awaits you-enjoy! —Mariya
- 2 teaspoons dry yeast
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1.5 teaspoons sugar
- 1 egg-separated
- 1 tablespoon butter-melted
- 1/4 cup milk
- butter for pan cooking
- 1 tablespoon apricot jam
- syrup, honey, fruit, yogurt-optional
- Activate the yeast by combining it with water in a bowl; allow to sit in a warm place for about 10 minutes, until bubbly.
- Add 1/2 cup flour to the yeast and incorporate well-there should be no clumps. Put the bowl in a warm place, cover with a damp towel and allow to rise (for an hour)...go for a run =)
- After risen, add salt, sugar, egg yolk, and butter and mix well. Add the other 1/2 cup of flour and incorporate-there should be no clumps. Slowly add milk and mix well. Cover the bowl with a damp towel and put in a warm place to rice again (for an hour)...do sit ups and leg lifts =)
- After risen, beat the egg white to medium peaks and mix into dough.
- Heat and butter a pan, ladle dough into pan with a spoon (dough will be sticky, but do your best). Cook on each side until brown. Enjoy with apricot jam or any of the other options!
These Figs are Feeling a Little Tart
Learn to love fruit with chocolate
Learning to love fruit with chocolate.
The best donuts—ever.
We've got the summer blues.
How we do a Genius dinner party for 30.
A better basket.