If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Inspired by Donna Hay‘s recipe for Malt-Roasted Chocolate and Almond Muesli in the Summer 2012 magazine. I used a mix of sunflower seeds and pepitas, but it’s equally tasty when you substitute coarsely chopped almonds for the seeds. - Bob Vivant
Makes 8 cups
- 6 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup malt powder
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 1/2 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- In a large mixing bowl stir together the oats, coconut, seeds, malt powder, and cocoa powder.
- Combine the water and brown sugar in a small saucepan over moderate heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil and cook for one minute. Remove from the heat and whisk in the coconut oil, dark chocolate, and sea salt until the chocolate is melted.
- Pour the hot syrup over the oat mixture and mix until well combined. Spread the mixture across a large jelly roll pan or two small rimmed baking sheets.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, until crisp.
- Let cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Prep Makes Perfect
Put your best pan forth.
Prep your pans for perfection.
Make better coffee.
Breakfast: a worldly affair.
An Instameet by the Bay (Area).
Stop the soap opera.