If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A recipe for homemade yogurt in a yogurt maker. - alana_chernila
Makes 4 to 5 cups
- 4 to 5 cups (depending on your yogurt maker) cups milk (any fat level, as long as it's not ultra pasteurized)
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- Heat 4 to 5 cups milk (for most yogurt makers) in a large saucepan to 185 degrees F. Allow to cool to 110 degrees F.
- Combine ½ cup plain yogurt OR 1 ½ teaspoons to 3 tablespoons powdered starter with a bit of the warm milk, and whisk the mixture into the rest of the milk. (Note: to see how much powdered starter you need, follow the directions of that particular starter.)
- Transfer to the small cups of the yogurt maker and let culture for 5 to 7 hours, or until set. Refrigerate for 2 hours before eating.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!