If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: As title, simply braise lentils, carrots and bacon. Just seasowned with consommé, salt and pepper.. Simple is the best! —Hidemi
- 1/2 Lentils
- 3 ounces Bacon
- 1/4 Onion
- 5-6 Baby Carrots
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 teaspoon Consommé
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- Chop bacon and onion. Cut baby carrots into 1/4 inch thick slices. Mince garlic clove. Rinse lentils and drain.
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil and cook minced garlic clove and bacon until tender. Add onion and carrots and sauté until tender. Then add lentils and sauté for about one minute. Add 2 cups water, consommé and bay leaf. Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer gently with lid tilted for 20 minutes.
- Then add another 2 cups of water. Stir and simmer gently with lid tilted for another 30-40 minutes. Add pepper and salt to taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish with Meat as a Flavoring
Why Our Vegan Cookbook is for Everyone
Whether you're a meat eater, tofu lover, or in-between
A vegan cookbook for everyone—really.
What to eat and listen to tonight.
We've got the summer blues.
Our latest #f52contest: back-pocket baking.
Have a ball (jar).