If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I had a dish like this at LArtusi in New York and the chorizo gave the corn such an amazing something extra. I tried to redo this dish at home with amazing results. I cut back on the chorizo and added onions. It's smoky and rich and goes extremely well with fresh, summer corn (and even frozen corn, though it's not as crisp). The chorizo doesn't overpower the corn and it all melds together wonderfully. It's so simple and is now one of my very favorite ways to eat corn. - SybilAB
- 3 ears of corn, kernels cut off the cob
- 1 4 inch piece of dried chorizo, diced
- 1/2 a yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper
- Add the chorizo to a large skillet over medium-high heat and saute until the fat renders and the pieces are crisp. Add the onion and stir, letting it soften a little.
- Add the corn, olive oil, oregano, and red pepper flakes. Stir until corn has softened slightly but still has a crunch. (Until heated through if using frozen corn.)
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, stir in butter and scallions, and serve.
Our latest fixations.
The recipes we've tested and loved.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
What's in, what's out.
Wedding registry must haves.