If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Turnip, carrots and a little bit of bacon miso soup. Since butter and garrli are added (at teh very last moment) and the ingredients are sauteed with sesame oil, this soup has very rich flavor. - Hidemi
- 1/3 pound Turnip
- 1/3 cup Yellow Corn
- 1/2 cup Julienne-cut carrots
- 4 slices Bacon
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 4 cups Water
- 3 tablespoons Miso Paste
- 2 Garlic Cloves, grated
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- Slice bacon. Cut turnip into bite size.
- In a large pot, heat sesame oil and sauté bacon and carrots for about 1 minute. Pour water and bring to boil. Then add turnip and corn. Reduce heat and simmer until turnip and carrots are tender removing the scum periodically.
- Add miso paste and whisk to dissolve miso paste until smooth. Then add butter and grated garlic cloves. Stir to melt butter. When the butter is melted, turn off the heat, pour the soup into each serving bowl and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish with Meat as a Flavoring